Visitation and Phone Call Guidelines
At Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health, we believe the involvement of loved ones is incredibly valuable to every patient’s recovery process. If you will be visiting a friend or family member at the hospital, please read our visitation guidelines and security and privacy policies below.
IN PERSON VISITATION RESUMES ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH.
- All visitors must park in front of the hospital.
- All visitors are required to check-in at the lobby reception desk, complete COVID-19 screening, sign visitor’s log/confidentiality log and receive a visitor badge- Visitors are also required to return to the lobby after visitation and sign out with the receptionist.
- Visitors shall be instructed to leave all purses, briefcases, cellphones, etc. in their vehicles before entering the hospital. Visitors may only bring their car keys but will be asked to leave them at the nurse station upon entering the unit.
- Food and drinks are not allowed to be brought from outside sources.
- Any items brought in by visitors for patients shall be left with the receptionist in the lobby and will be picked up by unit staff after visitation has ended in order to allow staff to perform a contraband search prior to the items being given to the patient.
- There is a limit of two visitors per patient. If a patient has more than two visitors in the lobby, one will have to leave the unit and return to the lobby before another one may walk back to the unit.
- Patients’ attorneys, military command, and pastors can visit any time but are encouraged to visit during scheduled visiting hours.
- Any other exceptions to visiting hours require a written order by a physician.
- Former patients are not permitted to visit staff, and former patients may not visit current patients within 6 months of their discharge
- Visiting will not be permitted on the unit for visitors under the age of 14.
- We are a no touch facility.
- Visitors must remain in the common area at all times.
- Visitors cannot go in to patient rooms or bathrooms on any unit.
- Visitors may not give any items to patients.
- Upon entering the unit, visitors must place car keys in a plastic tub at the nurse station.
- Visitors are required to return to the lobby and sign out with the receptionist before leaving
All visitors and callers must know a patient’s ID number to visit or call their loved one during treatment. Every patient receives their ID number at admission and provide it to friends and family at their own discretion.
Having a patient ID number alone does not allow a person to obtain information on a patient’s treatment or care. We must have a signed release of information from the patient or legal guardian or a medical power of attorney documentation to allow access to a patient’s protected medical or treatment information.
- We reserve the right to restrict visitors who appear impaired, ill or improperly dressed.
- Visitors must be at least 14 years old.
- All visitors must sign in and sign out and obtain a visitor’s badge at the reception desk.
- Wear appropriate attire (no tight or revealing clothes and no logos related to gangs, alcohol, drugs, satanism or sex).
- Leave all personal belongings out of sight in your vehicle. Car keys are the only items visitors can bring on the unit.
- All items brought for patients must be signed in and left at the reception desk. No food or drinks can be brought for patients, and visitors are not allowed to have food or drink during visitation.
- No food or drinks can be brought for visitors.
- On the adolescent unit, only immediate family members may visit.
- A visit can be stopped if staff feel the environment is unsafe, patient or visitor behavior is out of control or the visit disrupts others.
Tuesday and Thursday – 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
Saturday – 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Wednesday – 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday – 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Sunday – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Mon: Rooms 401-404 @ 5:45-6:45
Tues: Rooms 405-408 @ 5:45-6:45
Sat: Rooms 401-404 @ 3:30-4:30
Sun: Rooms 405-408 @ 10:30-11:30
Mon: Rooms 501-504 @ 3:30-4:30
Thurs: Rooms 505-508 @ 7:45-8:45
Sat: Rooms 501-504 @ 3:45-4:45
Sun: Rooms 505-508 @ 3-4
Mon: Rooms 601-604 @ 7:45-8:45
Tues: Rooms 605-609 @ 7:45-8:45
Sat: Rooms 601-604 @ 3-4
Sun: Rooms 605-609 @ 1-2
Mon: Rooms 701-704 @ 7:45-8:45
Wed: Rooms 705-709 @ 6-7
Sat: Rooms 701-704 @ 5:30-6:30
Sun: Rooms 705-709 @ 2:45-3:45
PHONE CALL RULES
Patients on all units have phone access. Calls are limited to 10 minutes to allow everyone the opportunity to use the phone. Patients are not allowed to have cell phones during their stay with us. Adult patients can make and receive calls between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
Patients who need privacy for phone calls should speak to a social worker on their unit.