Outpatient Programs for Adults
Outpatient programs at Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health are offered to adults who suffer from a mental health or substance use disorder but do not require 24-hour care. These programs are designed to treat a variety of disorders including anxiety, depression, substance use and other issues that interfere with daily functioning.
Our outpatient services have a group therapy structure that incorporates medication management by a psychiatrist if medically appropriate. While continuing to work and live at home, patients can apply the skills they’ve developed in treatment to real life situations. Family are encouraged to participate in family therapy sessions to learn mutual support skills.
Patients who finish an inpatient program may step down to an outpatient program to continue recovery in a less intensive setting.
ADULT OUTPATIENT PROGRAMS
COMPONENTS OF OUTPATIENT CARE
- Morning check-in to reflect on the previous night, discuss daily goals to alleviate symptoms and work on coping skills development
- Cognitive behavior therapy to help patients develop new ways of thinking to better understand their emotions and thoughts
- Coping skills group where interaction, engagement and laughter are paramount
- Educational groups focused on topics specific to patients’ needs
- Daily wrap-up to reflect on the skills learned that day and how they may practiced and put to use