Outpatient Programs for Adults
Outpatient programs at Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health are offered to adults who suffer from a mental health or substance use disorder but do not require 24-hour care. These programs are designed to treat a variety of disorders including anxiety, depression, substance use and other issues that interfere with daily functioning.
Our outpatient services have a group therapy structure that incorporates medication management by a psychiatrist if medically appropriate. While continuing to work and live at home, patients can apply the skills they’ve developed in treatment to real life situations. Family are encouraged to participate in family therapy sessions to learn mutual support skills.
Patients who finish an inpatient program may step down to an outpatient program to continue recovery in a less intensive setting.
ADULT OUTPATIENT PROGRAMS
COMPONENTS OF OUTPATIENT CARE
- Morning check-in to reflect on the previous night, discuss daily goals to alleviate symptoms and work on coping skills development
- Cognitive behavior therapy to help patients develop new ways of thinking to better understand their emotions and thoughts
- Coping skills group where interaction, engagement and laughter are paramount
- Educational groups focused on topics specific to patients’ needs
- GeneSight testing for medication planning – more information on this below
- Daily wrap-up to reflect on the skills learned that day and how they may practiced and put to use
GeneSight is a pharmacogenomic test that analyzes clinically important genetic variations that may affect your outcomes with certain medications. The results of the test can show which medications may require dose adjustments, may be less likely to work, or may have an increased risk of side effects based on your genetic makeup. You can learn more about GeneSight testing on their website.
Get Help Today
Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health is available 24/7 to discuss treatment options and schedule confidential, no-cost assessments. Call 843-747-5830 or 877-947-3223 (toll-free) to take the first step.
In case of emergency, please dial 911 or seek the nearest emergency room.