If you or a loved one will be participating in an inpatient treatment program at Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health, please prepare for the stay by reading our packing list.
The following lists are not comprehensive and are subject to change. If you have questions about an item not mentioned below, please call us at 843-747-5830.
- Three changes of casual clothing (must cover the shoulders and be moderate length, cannot have logos, images or slogans that may be considered offensive)
- Basic toiletries and grooming aids in original, sealed travel size containers
- Ankle socks and slip-on shoes without laces, buckles or metal
- Appropriate sleepwear and undergarments without underwire
- Up to $5 in cash
- Products containing ethyl, methyl or isopropyl alcohol
- Cigarettes, chewing tobacco, pipes, cigars, e-cigs or any tobacco product
- Lighters or matches
- Hair dryers, curling or straightening irons, curlers or other corded items
- Personal electronic devices
- Cell phones
- Wallets, credit cards or checkbooks
- Jewelry, watches or body piercings (wedding bands are allowed)
- Disposable razors
- Pillows and bed linens
No tank tops, halter tops, short shorts, leggings, underwire bras, clothing with strings or see-through items are allowed. Shoes, socks or footies must be worn when out of your room. Shoes with laces, sunglasses and hats are not allowed. Clothing which promotes alcohol, drugs, sex, satanic, gang related messaging or other offensive material (as deemed by staff) is not allowed.